Mental Health Services

The following is a list of mental health service providers in Polk County. Click on the name of the agency to be directed to their website for more information about the types of services that are provided.

Click on the brochure to the right to download a copy of our Guide to Mental Health Services in Polk County. This guide includes more specific information on treatment services and psychological testing and evaluation.


Amery Behavioral Health Center
Amery, WI
(715) 268-0060

Family Therapy Associates
St Croix Falls, WI Office
715- 246-4840

Family Innovations, Inc.
Balsam Lake, WI
(715) 338-3133

Higher Ground Family Therapy
Osceola, WI
(715) 440-5245

Judith Driscoll, MS, LMFT
Milltown, WI
(612) 961-2199

Marina H. Peacock, MSW, CAPSW
Osceola, WI
(715) 790-5761

NorthLakes Community Clinic
Turtle Lake, WI
(715) 986-2640

Northwest Passage, Ltd.
Frederic, WI
(715) 327-4402

Northwest Directions (Outpatient Treatment)
Amery, WI
(715) 491-8560

Northwest Journey
Amery, WI Day Treatment (715) 268-5404
Siren, WI Day Te

Osceola Medical Center
Osceola, WI
(715) 294-2111

Peace Tree Counseling
Osceola, WI
(715) 755-2233

Polk County Mental Health and Chemical Dependency
Balsam Lake, WI
(715) 485-8400

Sharon Ward, MA, LP, Licensed Psychologist
St Croix Falls, MN
(952) 491-4490

St. Croix Regional Medical Center-Behavioral Health
St. Croix Falls, WI and Balsam Lake, WI
(715) 483-0243

The House of Hope
St. Croix Falls, WI

Thoen Counseling Services/Michelle Thoen, PsyD, LPC
Osceola, WI
(612) 554-8914

Travis Hinze, PhD, Licensed Psychologist
Osceola, WI office
(800) 994-4693

Mental Health Professionals

Do you have questions about which professional will best fit your specific need? Here is a listing of different Mental Health Professionals and what they specialize in regarding diagnosis and treatment.

Therapists and Counselors:
Therapists and counselors are licensed mental health professionals who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health issues.  They use a variety of therapeutic methods and approaches to meet the individual needs of clients.

Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselors (AODA):
AODA counselors are licensed professionals who specialize in the assessment and treatment of substance abuse and addiction.  They may use individual and/or group therapy to help in all aspects of recovery.

School Psychologists:
School psychologists work in the schools to help children with emotional, social, and academic issues.  They conduct evaluations to assess problems with learning and identify emotional or behavioral concerns that interfere with success in school.

School Counselors:
School counselors work with students, teachers, parents and administrators to educate and support students in the areas of personal/social, academic, and career.  School counselors and school psychologists work as a team to help students identify and reach their individual potential.

Psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating mental health conditions.  Psychiatrists can prescribe medications to treat problems such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or anxiety.  Click here for a list of local agencies that offer psychiatric services.

Psychologists are mental health professionals who specialize in the diagnosing and treating mental health conditions.  Unlike psychiatrists, they generally are unable to prescribe medications.  Psychologists have special training to administer and interpret psychological tests (as described in the Assessment and Evaluation section).